There are 2 things which are puzzling me at the moment.
How can someone who can sing like this -
spend most of his time singing like this-
Underlying facts: this is Jahn Teigen, Norwegian singer. The first video is from the musical based on a story from Malleus Maleficarum – “Which Witch”, where he plays the evil executioner. Obviously, he has a great powerful voice and is a good actor. When we see something like this, we don’t want to miss it and try to find out more. We did. And we found the second video and many more like the second one. My question is – why waste your talent on something that people that cannot sing well do? The singers that sing the type of songs from the second video, would not, at least most of them, would not be able to sing something like the executioner’s part in Which Witch. That is one of the reasons they sing cheesy romantic songs for mediocre ladies.
How can this:
be compared to this :
- Godspell the musical came out before Jesus Christ Superstar and was obviously influenced by the musical Hair and took the visual and musical ideas from it (hippie musical taking place in NYC) – therefore it’s not original.
- Godspell has no coherent storyline and no deepness to it – they just take pieces from the bible and act them out in a circus fashion. It doesn’t push any boundaries, it’s not challenging and thought-provoking, and it seems that it would go well with the age group 5-8, since there’s lots of clown-like goofy acting, which reminds one camp counselors at a summer camp. The “crucifixion” scene is completely ridiculous.
- It doesn’t take a master singer with a wide vocal range to sing in Godspell
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a rock opera, which has a 32-piece orchestra and a rock band playing, while Godspell has probably just 5 dudes playing.
Despite all of this, the critics of the time raved over this musical, it was successful and it was mentioned often that it was far superior musical to JCS. In my opinion, comparing these 2 musicals is just like comparing Tom and Jerry to Lord of the Rings. Godspell can not even be mentioned in the same sentence together with JCS. It does have same religious topic, but it’s way too inferior to JCS and comparing these two or putting them side by side as a recommended watch is insulting.
- Black holes and astrostuff
- Brochure Printing
- Computer Arts mag
- Curious Expeditions
- Designers who blog
- El Gigante Verdoso
- Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka photography
- Julian Bennett
- Just Creative Design
- Notcot-New and Cool
- Run bulldog run
- Shop like us
- Smashing Magazine
- Solipsistic Photography
- The art of R.S. Connett
- Viking Youth Power Hour
- Web design company
"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it. Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves." - The Buddha