There are 2 things which are puzzling me at the moment.
How can someone who can sing like this -
spend most of his time singing like this-
Underlying facts: this is Jahn Teigen, Norwegian singer. The first video is from the musical based on a story from Malleus Maleficarum – “Which Witch”, where he plays the evil executioner. Obviously, he has a great powerful voice and is a good actor. When we see something like this, we don’t want to miss it and try to find out more. We did. And we found the second video and many more like the second one. My question is – why waste your talent on something that people that cannot sing well do? The singers that sing the type of songs from the second video, would not, at least most of them, would not be able to sing something like the executioner’s part in Which Witch. That is one of the reasons they sing cheesy romantic songs for mediocre ladies.
How can this:
be compared to this :
- Godspell the musical came out before Jesus Christ Superstar and was obviously influenced by the musical Hair and took the visual and musical ideas from it (hippie musical taking place in NYC) – therefore it’s not original.
- Godspell has no coherent storyline and no deepness to it – they just take pieces from the bible and act them out in a circus fashion. It doesn’t push any boundaries, it’s not challenging and thought-provoking, and it seems that it would go well with the age group 5-8, since there’s lots of clown-like goofy acting, which reminds one camp counselors at a summer camp. The “crucifixion” scene is completely ridiculous.
- It doesn’t take a master singer with a wide vocal range to sing in Godspell
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a rock opera, which has a 32-piece orchestra and a rock band playing, while Godspell has probably just 5 dudes playing.
Despite all of this, the critics of the time raved over this musical, it was successful and it was mentioned often that it was far superior musical to JCS. In my opinion, comparing these 2 musicals is just like comparing Tom and Jerry to Lord of the Rings. Godspell can not even be mentioned in the same sentence together with JCS. It does have same religious topic, but it’s way too inferior to JCS and comparing these two or putting them side by side as a recommended watch is insulting.
Not so long ago i saw the movie – Travellers and Magicians, made by Khyentse Norbu (a.k.a. Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche), who is a buddhist monk and is officially recognized as the reincarnation of a 19th century Tibetan saint. This was his first movie ever made in Bhutan. It’s a beautiful movie, i liked it very much and would recommend it to everyone. Coincidently, same week, there was a first-ever Bhutanese song and dance performance happening at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. So, naturally, we went. I really enjoyed the show, loved the dances and the singer Kencho Wangdi had an amazing voice. Here’s one of the dances they performed, it’s called the dance of the cremation ground:
Bhutan is a small kingdom in the Himalayan mountains, which is the 8th happiest country in the world, the most isolated and the least developed one. The landscapes of Bhutan are amazing. Bhutan is called Land of the Thunder Dragon or the Land of Medicinal Plants. In an effort to preserve its culture and environment, the government has put limits on tourists visiting Bhutan. Tourists have only been allowed into the country since 1974. Bhutan is also one of the last places on Earth where the Vajrayana (Tantric Buddhism) form of Buddhism is practiced. Bhutan’s rich historical past has resulted in cultural traditions which came with unique customs, manners, language, modes of dress, arts, and different types of dances and folk music. Bhutanese masked dances reflect highly complex symbolic understandings of life in a complex universe.
Some day, i hope, i’ll make it to Bhutan
Lo and behold! Two delightful hours of satanic awesomeness! Lord Kaiaphas and I, Lady Omega, crafted an unprecedented mix of various genres of music featuring the horned one.
We included diverse artists such as: Robert Johnson, the Rolling Stones, Hank Williams, Black Sabbath, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Max Romeo, Screamin Jay Hawkins and many more.
After careful consideration, we decided to exclude the black metal genre due to the obviousness of its’ satanic nature. Furthermore, a black metal mix would be both unamusing and tiring to the wide public’s ear.
The tracklist will only be available by request, since the element of surprise is crucial while listening to this mix.
Happy easter everyone! Whoever will not listen until the end of the mix will be doomed to eternal damnation.
Yeah and exactly in 1 month after the party happened, i am posting my impressions and photos of it. Cuz i’m both busy and slow. I’m trying though. So, last month we were hosted by Vulgart ppl in Tel Aviv at a goth winter party, where Zhyin and me played a 2-hour dj set. The party was nice, we enjoyed playing. Some people tried to speak Portuguese to me, and some continuously asked for Rammstein, but this too will pass . Afterwards we got good feedback from the crowd and that was very pleasing to hear. Here are photos of me and Z dj’ing, a short video with a terrible sound and our awesome dj-set, which i rendered some days later in Ableton Live. So that everyone can listen and dance.
The DJ set:
1.Rudi Schuricke – Frauen und Wein
2.Das Ich – Kannibale (Inline Sex Terror rmx)
3.Agonoize – A cut inside my soul
3. Hocico – The day the world stopped
4. Solar Fake – Lies
5. VNV nation – Chrome (SITD rmx)
6. Frozen Plazma – Tanz der Revolution
7. Kaiaphas – Kuenstliche welten
8. Mind in a Box – Amnesia
9. Encoder – When it rains ( Ethereal Sedition rmx)
10. Miss Construction – Kunstprodukt
11. Kaiaphas – Satan is Real
12. Psyclon Nine – Better than Suicide
13. Tactical Sekt – Xifixation Hellfire (SITD rmx)
14. Miss Construction – Schaufensterpuppenarsch
15. Hocico – Fed Up
17. Negative Format – Photon Ring
18. Peter Heppner – Alleine Sein
19. Kaiaphas – Vile Vermin
20. Miss Construction – Totes Fleisch
21. Agonoize – Staatsfiend
22. Kaiaphas – Diabolicon
23. Hocico – Poisoned and Silenced
24. Nachtmahr – Ein Spiel
25. Distatix – Regenerator
26. Kaiaphas feat. Kenji Siratori – Insane Asylum
27. Heino – Wir tanzen Polka, denn wir lieben Germany
- Black holes and astrostuff
- Brochure Printing
- Computer Arts mag
- Curious Expeditions
- Designers who blog
- El Gigante Verdoso
- Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka photography
- Julian Bennett
- Just Creative Design
- Notcot-New and Cool
- Run bulldog run
- Shop like us
- Smashing Magazine
- Solipsistic Photography
- The art of R.S. Connett
- Viking Youth Power Hour
- Web design company
"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it. Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves." - The Buddha